The Marie Eugenie School for Innovative Learning (MESIL) is a progressive concept in tertiary education, conceptualized for the purpose of harnessing the qualities that create excellent educators and communicators as trailblazing leaders. Encouraging a highly creative atmosphere, the School fuses theory with application, challenges the development of innovative strategies, and integrates disciplines to develop responsible citizens for the country and for the world.
The school is committed to provide quality offered in a faith-context that enables students:
1. To be able of rational, innovative, and critical thinking and at the same time, conscious of their dignity as human persons and respectful of others;
2. To be professionally trained with ethical values in various areas of specialization and with a strong sense of service to individuals and to society;
3. To become effective movers for a meaningful change in their workplace and at home
4 To have a global perspective, ready to assume a dynamic role in national development, in particular, and in the building of a more humane social order, in general; and
5 To be open to learn continuously for personal growth in leadership and community building.
Believing that the education is still the best weapon against poverty, we aim to produce for the country, for the Church, and for the world, "a new generation of teachers." Graduates of the program will be able to teach in the pre-school, grade school, and high school levels both here and abroad. They will also have the necessary knowledge and expertise to become administrators and coordinators who manage their own schools. The curriculum prepares you to pass the Licensure Exams for Teachers (LET) which Assumption College graduates hurdle with a 100% passing ratio. The program has an extensive field exposure component with comprehensive hours of classroom teaching.
Bachelor in Elementary Education major in Preschool Education
Bachelor in Secondary Education major in English
Bachelor in Secondary Education major in Religious Education and Values Education.
- Bachelor of Communication Major in Advertising
Graduates of this course are equipped to be in creative, account management and development, sales promotion and marketing, public relations, corporate communication, media buying and events management.
- Bachelor of Communication Major in Media Production
The program equips the students with skills in production, editing and knowledge of the broadcast industry. Actual broadcast production is experienced and students' programs are aired on ACTV both on campuses as well as on satellite network.
- Bachelor of Communication Major in Theater Arts and Media Education
The anchor of Artistic Director of the faculty of this new program is the Artistic Director of METTA and Philippine Playhouse. Inc., Ana Valdes Lim. Ms. Lim is a graduate of Assumption and one of the 100 Most Outstanding graduates of the famed Julliard school in New York. Graduates of this program will be able to act, work in the performing arts, theater production and direction.
- Bachelor of Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in English
- Bachelor of Elementary Education Major in Preschool Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in Religious and Values Education
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Specifically, it provides:1. Channels for total human development;
2. Opportunities for personal growth in leadership and community building;
3. Professional training in various areas of specialization; and
4. Opportunities for the formation of a Christian Filipino woman with a global perspective, ready to assume a dynamic role in national development in particular and in the building of a more humane social order in general. All students undergo practicum work defined by their respective departments, which may range from 150-180 hours in their junior year, and make and defend their thesis in their senior year as a graduation requirement.